Between September 13-26, at least six Houthi-launched missiles targeting Jizan and Najran were intercepted by Saudi air defense forces. Pro-Houthi media reported another five missile attacks targeting Asir, Najran, and Zahran, but these could not be corroborated by Coalition or independent reports. There were no confirmed reports of Houthi-launched missiles striking their intended targets during this period.
Below is a summary of each confirmed Houthi-launched missile event during the September 13-26 period:
Thursday, September 13
- A Badr-1 ballistic missile targeting Najran was intercepted by KSA air defenses. Houthi media claims the missile targeted a new Saudi military camp in the area.
Friday, September 14
- An unidentified ballistic missile targeting Jizan’s Saudi Aramco facility was intercepted by KSA air defenses.
- Saudi says it destroyed missile fired at Aramco facility by Houthis, Reuters
- Saudi air defense destroys Houthi ballistic missile fired toward Jazan, Al Arabiya
Saturday, September 15
- A Badr-1 ballistic missile targeting Jizan was intercepted.
Sunday, September 16
- A Badr-1 ballistic missile targeting Jizan was intercepted without casualties.
Wednesday, September 19
- A Badr-1 ballistic missile targeting a military base in Jizan was intercepted by KSA air defenses. Pro-Houthi sources reported that the strike was successful.
Saturday, September 22
- A Badr-1 ballistic missile targeting Jizan was intercepted by KSA air defenses. A pro-Houthi source reported that the missile successfully struck the Jizan regional airport.
Below is a summary of all Yemen missile events not corroborated or confirmed by Coalition or independent reports for the period of September 13-26. Pro-Houthi sources reported 5 unconfirmed missile events during the past two weeks.
- Three unconfirmed missile attacks were launched against targets in Asir province. One event on September 19 was also reported by independent and pro-Coalition sources, but with inconsistencies on key details.
- September 19:
- Missile from Yemen damages mosque, house in Saudi’s Asir, Gulf Business
- Properties damaged in missile attack on KSA, The Nation
- Yemeni Army Targets Mercenaries in Najran, Jizan and Aseer, Al Masirah
- September 22: Saudi Soldiers Killed, Including Army Officers, in Aseer, Al Masirah
- September 25: Dozens US-Saudi Aggression Mercenaries Killed and Injured in Asir, Al Masirah
- September 19:
- One unconfirmed missile launch targeting Najran allegedly destroyed military equipment.
- September 19: Military Machinery Destroyed, Saudi Army Gatherings Targeted in Jizan, Najran, Al Masirah
- An unconfirmed Badr-1 launch targeted a military base in Zahran, southwest Saudi Arabia.
- September 19: Yemen targets Saudi military base with missile, Islamic Republic News Agency