This CSIS Missile Defense Project (MDP) is seeking a research intern to support its efforts to provide analysis and policy on future missile defense and strategic forces policy. The Missile Defense Project provides objective commentary, analysis, multimedia, and holds events related to these topics. Interns support all aspects of the project’s activity. Because of the fast-paced work environment, interns should enjoy a wide variety of analytic and logistical task work, and take well to directions and constructive criticism.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Research for the project’s various publications and research products
• Conducting research for the project’s microsite, MissileThreat.CSIS.org
• Assisting with social media activity
• Assisting in event planning and staffing
• Copyediting support for written publications
• Assisting with other administrative tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must hold bachelor’s degree or higher (graduate degree preferred).
• Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution.
• Prior work, study, or interest in missile defense, nuclear policy or strategic forces issues a big plus, but not required to apply.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Interest in defense and national security issues.
Early October start date. Please apply by September 24, 2018.